Thread: Hand...
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Hand...

No reads? Hmmmm.....

This is one of those situations where "your guess is as good as mine". No matter what villain had this hand, it's fairly clear that he sucked at playing it. If he has a worse hand than you do, he'll only succeed in losing more when he's already behind. If he has a monster, he'll only succeed in making more when you have a slightly smaller monster. His line bites the big one.

That said, your river play is all about how frisky you feel. If you feel like being conservative, call. If you feel like being aggressive, raise. I've seen both Aces and monsters played this way (very rarely in both cases) and every time it was done so by a donkey. Considering he sucks, it really doesn't matter much what you do. You will be right enough times to offset the times you're wrong and you will be wrong enough times to offset the times you're right.

Of course, any slight read of the opponent (even 10 hands) would sway the river decision one way or another. Without that, I see no reason to even play 92s for the raise as another poster (Stellar, I think [I'm too lazy to look back]) pointed out.