Default Re: Conditional Suffrage?

[ QUOTE ]
Keep reading your dictionary. Definition number 2:

[ QUOTE ]
2 : a grave offense especially against morality

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing to do with legality.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are talking about law and therefore must use the LEGAL definition of crime. A crime is an illegal act. Get over it.

Surely you have something more compelling than "boo hoo the 5th definition of the 3rd synonym in this obscure dictionary I found says I'm right!!!"

[ QUOTE ]
Possession of nuclear weapons *is* criminal.

[/ QUOTE ]

So is possession of drugs.

I win.

[ QUOTE ]
Weapons of mass destruction cannot be directed at individual aggressors, and therefore are not legitimate "arms".

[/ QUOTE ]

Irrelevant. I only plan to use it for decoration. That actually makes it safer than drugs.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Or a 19 year-old kid buying some grenades and an assault rifle from some dude in a dark alley.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have any problem with this.

[/ QUOTE ]

i.e., you have no problem with people breaking 4 of 5 laws simultaneously.... well... at least that's out in the open now.

[ QUOTE ]
So your definition of "competent" is what, "people that agree with me"?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

My definition of "competent" is "people who have the ability to look at both sides of the major issues and make an informed decision about their candidate" as opposed to "everyone I know says to vote for <X>, so I'm going to vote for <X>" or "<X> says abortion is OK and we need to leave welfare alone, and since I already have 3 kids from 3 different fathers, none of whom I'm still with, and living off welfare, I'm going to selfishly vote for this guy.... even though I have not bothered to find out what the hell else he stands for which might not at all be good for this country."

If my candidate is the right candidate and more voters know what's going on, then more people will vote for him. Right now it's just a matter of who can pander to more demographics.... i.e., Republicans pandering to the wealthy and the religious + Democrats pandering to minorities and people looking for free rides (disclaimer: who are not necessarily one in the same, but I'll be awaiting your accusations of racism anyway).