View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 06:54 AM

Default Re: 99 vs. two tricky players

[ QUOTE ]
how do i predict a 3-bet with air? and if i didn't hit my 2-outer how the hell do you play the hand from then on? i just feel confused. there's tricky and plain retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

- You predict whether they will three bet with air by observing them play prior hands. You can't predict it the first time. You made a good fold on that flop.

- With opponents like this you play all your hands more strongly and you fold less frequently. Reraise his raises, punishing him for his recklessness. How much so depends on how much they overplay their hands. Sometimes they will have a hand however and you will pay them off. It can be tricky. One or more others may join in when they realize what the maniac is doing and the aggression starts increasing from from various directions as other persons try to isolate the maniac. The maniac may then shift their playing style so watch them closely.

- It can be confusing, especially at first. Yes, their play is retarded. They will usually be losing large quantities of money fast to prove it.