View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 04:32 AM

Default Re: Sweet, I think it\'s back

Why do I read so many posts that implicitly assume that the generic affiliate agreements displayed on certain sites are the actual contract between that site and every last affiliate?

I think it goes without saying that big powerful (not necessarily rakeback) affiliates negotiate all sorts of changes in the standard agreements before agreeing to work with a poker site. Many of these affiliates have a great deal of leverage because they control a lot of traffic. The standard agreements are very one-sided in favor of the rooms and I'm sure they would like all the small-fry affiliates to believe that no exceptions are possible. Sorry, that is not the way the world does business.

There are many good reasons for that clause to remain on Party's website. One of those reasons may be that it's actually true. But that need not be the case. Maybe they wish to maintain appearances with the fish, maybe it applies to everyone except a select few rakeback affiliates that Party trusts and controls, maybe updating the standard agreement and fixing their website is simply not something their lawyers and executives have time for right now. A change to the agreement would be news, but no change is not news. It doesn't mean anything.