View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 07:32 PM

Default Re: TT in an uncomfortable situation

[ QUOTE ]
Grunch.

Bet the flop. If MP3 raise you, you are beat and can throw the hand away feeling good about yourself. Will only cost you 0,5BB to find out instead of 3BB following your line here and I can't really see you winning this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the thing. You have TT. It's a nice hand, and you made a very reasonable decision in 3-betting it preflop. You got capped.

When you get capped preflop, you are up against either a bigger pocket pair than TT, or you are up against AK. What that means is that when you have 99, TT or JJ, it is capped preflop, and big paint hits on the flop, you are screwed.

As soon as Hero saw that K on the flop, he should realize that there is no way he is winning this hand. Either villain has an overpair (AA), a set (KK), or a pair better than his (QQ, JJ). If villain has QQ or JJ he may well be scared of the overcard on the board, but even then he's probably not folding.

I understand that it feels weak to give up on pocket Ts in this spot, but realistically Hero needs to realize that he has either been outdealt or outflopped and its time to get on to the next hand.

I honestly think that against the typical microlimit "TAG", open-folding the flop is superior to any line that involves you putting more money in the pot.