View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Even if your an online pro....

No disrespect, but I get a little sick of these posts about "burnout" and "miserable existence" as it pertains to being a PPP. I've done both and I can say that burnout comes in real jobs just as quickly if not quicker. I realize that poker is not everyone, but poker is not a miserable existence. Yes, everyone would love a life of leisure and to not have to worry about money, but those are not the facts of life for most people.

Also, anyone who:

a) Uses poker as an excuse or a cause of "poor health" is just plain lazy or undiciplined. Try getting up at 5:30 in the morning and never sleeping a full night and see how many times you "feel" like working out. If anything, poker players should be healthier. If they're not, they either don't care about working out (which is fine) or they are degenarates.

b) Anyone who claims that poker ruined their personal life either doesn't care or is a degenerate.

c) Anyone who thinks they are getting burned out being a PPP is probably right. However, that person would have probably been burned out much quicker in a "real" job.

These "burnout" and "never get to see my friends or family" stories are just part of the new American society we have built, poker notwithstanding.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]