View Single Post
Old 12-24-2004, 09:37 PM

Default You\'re wrong

[ QUOTE ]
the replys you received are scary. while a few were good many were bad information. you toss KQ in early position 10 handed. it had a neg exp.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're dead wrong on this one:

10-player EV by hand and position

Note that the above stats include both good and bad games, so the actual EV if you use proper game selection should be higher.

[ QUOTE ]

as for AQ in many games you should NOT raise UTG with 10 people.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wrong again. In fact, not raising AQo UTG with 10 people is absolutely criminal advice for most loose games. And if you're not playing in a loose game....get a table change.

[ QUOTE ]

also if you have pokertracker, look at KQ in early position.

[/ QUOTE ]
I did. I only have 60,000 hands in my database, but I filtered it to include all the KQo hands where I'm UTG, UTG+1, or UTG+2, there are exactly 10 people dealt in, and I raise. That's a pretty restrictive search, so the result is only 44 hands. Not enough for statistical significance, but for whatever it's worth, the sample average BB/100 is 0.13. IMHO, the true mean is higher.

[ QUOTE ]

one more thing QJo is a hand that is trash. no good player limps with it. in most games the only time to play QJo is if it is folded to you in late position and then if you play - you raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with you that QJo in EP is usually trash. And yes, I'll open-raise with it in LP. However, I'll limp with it in LP if there are limpers in front of me. And QJs is a whole other matter, in that you can often limp with it in EP as well.

Anyway, I hope this is the end of this discussion.