View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 01:05 AM

Default Re: What is the defense against the short stack startegy?

This strategy is an excellent strategy for new unskilled players. I use it from time to time online but only when I am in a MT (4 or more) ring.

Therefore I refer to it as one of my MT strategies. The key is to limit any loss by entering the action with the minimum buyin and move off as soon as you post a win.

The most effective use of this strategy is best acheived when you play multi tables on multi sites. I prefer 6 tables as the norm. What makes this so effective is you are only playing the flop so the actions of players seated is less a determinant factor especially since you cannot monitor all the players at 6 tables at one time.

As for a defense, well you can certainly steal the BB and SB but if I don't have the hand to enter I won't be in the blind unless it is forced. In any case I would not even consider the blinds as stolen if you went over the top while im holding a premium starting hand for example. This strategy requires the tightest of play which is why I prefer to multi table it. It dosen't take much for me to fold other normally playable hands when playing this strategy. Then again other normally playable hands require my attention to position and the action at the table.