View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 08:43 AM

Default Why Are You You Being So Hard on Conservatives?....The..

.....facts are the liberals aren't that great about personal freedom either. But don't believe me. Just look at the recent supreme court rulings from the liberal judges. However if you want to maximize your freedom then supporting conservatives is the way to go.

So why do they often oppose the side that would seem to support "limited government" on other issues, like legalization of marijuana, lower legal age for drinking/gambling, assisted/attempted suicide, censorship, abortion, gay marriage, and sodomy, among othes?
1. Marijuana - What have liberals done to legalize MJ? In the recent California Medical Marijuana case all the judges that dissented were conservative. All the liberal judges supported the federal ban on medical marijuana. Perhaps you should be criticizing liberals instead.
2. Censorship - Care to provide any examples. There is a lot of hot air from liberals claiming censorship but I am not aware of any.
3. Suicide-I don't think it is the govt business. In the catholic faith they are taught this is a sin. I would argue it is mostly catholic politicians (liberal and conservative) that try to legislate restrictions on suicice.
4. Gay marriage - The last I heard is gays are free to marry people of the opposite sex. Just like anyone else. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
5. Sodomy laws - These are laws which have been on the books for up to 200 years and they are almost never enforced. Occasionally some cop uses this archaic law to punish a homosexual. I'd focus my attention on the cop and the DA that prosecutes arather than conservative lawmakers.