Thread: quiet
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 04:53 AM

Default Re: quiet

I think i came off not the way i meant. While i do talk it up, and i will talk rib some guys, in general I am just in a pretty good mood. I am never mean, but I certainly usually talk more than most people. It's something close to a balance of trying to get some guys that are bad to play even worse, and try to make most people like me (people generally tend to, i usually make friends with 2 people, piss off 2 people, and the rest probably have no opinion of me)

Also I don't mind people gunning for me, it makes some pots gigantic that really have no business. Last time I played i won a 24 big bet pot with AKs when i simply hit an Ace. If i sit down and just play straight and say nothing, this would have never happened, two people played the hand specifically cause we were gambling. I am not verbally abusive, but I was encouraging these guys to gamble a lot more than they normally do.

EDIT: i totally understand anyone who wants to sit solid and listen, they might pick something up on me, but in the meantime i'm going to get more action. It's give and take and just preference as far as i'm concerned. If someone else is talking a lot when i sit down, i usually don't say anything for a great while after playing