View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 10:41 PM

Default Re: $2k NL....KK 3 handed

"If he then just calls that, then there will be nothing other than a blocking bet left for the river."

It seems like that after he bets the turn, there is going to be too much money in the pot to fold. Since you mentioned the option of a blocking bet on the river, I got the impression that you were saying that folding was an option at some point if the turn was bet. However, you didn't say how much you advised the "hero" in the hand to bet, so I can't put exact numbers on it. I'll try some projected ones though, to see if I can understand this better:
Preflop pot has approx. 160
Flop - If hero in the hand calls the raise to 500, that would make the pot stand at about 1,160. Hero has 2,300 left. Assuming he bets 800 on the turn, he would have 1500 left and if only called on the turn there would be 2,760 in the pot on the river. In my opinion hero is pot committed if he bets the turn with 1500 left and 2760 in the pot. Anyobdy agree / disagree and if so why?

"His reaction to a lead by you on the turn will probably provide the correct read on his hand in most cases, though AA probably would just call along behind. "

I don't get why AA would just call behind. It seems like an all-in or fold play might be most common, with the possible draws out and the amount of money that would be in the pot after you led the turn.