View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: When to play marginal hands

Thanks for the nice analysis!

SSS has provision for all sorts of cases preflop, involving whether someone had raised before betting came around to one, whether a reraise happened before betting came around etc. I've codeified all this, but since I'm just beginning to use this strategy it's hard to adapt to everything.

Frankly, I'm so excited about having a little bit of action that I'm taking some chances I shouldn't be taking. I've analyzed basic SSS, and find one will meet requirements for going in, with only limpers in front of your bet, just 6.58% of the time. That's about 1 hand in 15.

To get some more excitement I even tried 2-tabling, Monday!

But the fact is I need to stop and analyze hands I've played, and using the Bison Hand Converter is just part of that process. Can you tell me how to take the HTML output of the converter and view it on my machine? I think I could then make a printer copy, and then I'd have something useful to compare with GSiH, so I can isolate my leaks a little faster.

Thanks!

Dave

PS: Technically 88AAJ dominates 88AAT, but I suspect not even an expert could know that he was dominated in this circumstance. As hole cards playing against 7 opponents, the hand strength of 98o is greater than that for Q8o, but few would be able to actually pick up on the distinction between these hands enough to say the connectors 98o dominate the 3-gap Q8o.

ATo is a strong hand. It's listed as OK for someone to proceed into SSS in late position, provided everyone has limped to that point. But betting didn't conform to the Ed model, and I didn't notice that. I could have gotten off that horse after my raise by 6 cents was reraised, and foolishly I didn't.