View Single Post
Old 02-12-2005, 08:48 AM

Location: Chicago, IL. Born, Raised, and in Chicago, I\'ll Die.
Default Re: Full Time Poker Players, Secondary Income?

[ QUOTE ]
i don't know of any internet on line full time poker players that live a decedant lifestyle. (not talking wsop winners that used to only play internet)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not "large and in charge," but for a 22 year old college student, my life is comfortable. My two keys to lifestyle outside of the game are:

1.) Be disciplined with the money that you make (Game related, but if money's managed well for the game, it's managed well in life.)

2.) Have something else to do for God's sake. I love school and that keeps me busy, but I love bowling as much as I do poker, so I work one or two nights a week at a bowling alley that's has the image of a quasi-night club. I bowl for free, drink for free, meet cool people. It's one of the top 5 "hook-up" spots in Chicago according to many nightlife magazines so I can actually have a sexlife. So, it's not really job. It's like getting paid to have a semi-normal life. That's important. It allows me to take breaks from poker when I need it for school or if I just need a week off because my head's not in the game.