View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Problems with Aggresive Games

[ QUOTE ]
I was at a table like that last night. Over 102 hands lost 20 BB. AK cracked 3/4, QQ and TT twice, every hand I won was followed by losing two. After spewing a few too many chips chasing 99 on a stupid board I found a better table. The lesson is: if you can't beat a table leave it, there are too many other opportunities..

[/ QUOTE ]

INCORRECT. Sometimes you will go a few hundred hands at a loose table without being pushed a single pot, that doesn't mean you should leave. +EV is +EV even if things haven't been happening as they "should".

[ QUOTE ]
I bet that I will discover times when the cards hit and I make a lot of money. I just need to expect a lot of variance in very loose games.

[/ QUOTE ]

CORRECT. The best game I've ever played in regularly was 8 people to almost every flop; I still had more winning nights than losing nights but periods of 6 hours or longer where I didn't win a single pot were pretty common. Sometimes you're going to get pot odds on your two-outer and hit it, or sometimes you flop the nut straight and get five callers all the way down, or sometimes your KK happens to hold up unimproved and when any of these things happen you get paid off huge.