View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 11:56 PM

Default Re: man returns a strangers wallet and is rewarded...would you reward?

[ QUOTE ]

3 weeks later (around christmas time) i sent their family a honeybaked ham and a christmas card that read: "since you saved me so much trouble i figured i would save you a day of trouble from the kitchen, so here's a ham. thank you for your kindess."

[/ QUOTE ]

Very classy. The world needs more like you.

I lost my wallet about 8 years ago in San Fran. Some lady mailed it to me. I called her up and thanked her and offered her a reward for being so kind (and I wanted to pay her back for the mail charges).

Well, she declined, but asked if I could make a donation to a specific charity in her name.

I shined that on, as I thought that was offensive. She was supposed to do what she did, yet I still figured it was the right thing to reward her good behavior. However, I felt she was out of line asking me to make the donation in her name. This just felt wrong to me.

I shined her on.

For the record, I have returned the two wallets I have found in the past by mailing them to the address found on the driver's license inside. However, before I did that, I called the person to 1) check to see if the address was still correct; 2) to let them know the wallet was found and that they would not have to cancel anything.