View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 09:28 AM

Default Re: Admitting defeat

[ QUOTE ]
When I played 100-200 for a time, I was sure I had an edge b/c the play was so awful. Didn't stop me from losing a sickening sum in one day that truly made me HATE LIFE. Then I said...why am I doing this to myself when I can make good money at the 20 and 30 games with no financial stress? So that's what I did and it was the best decision I personally have ever made. To satisfy my urge to play higher, I do so when I'm in Atlantic City. Reasons: The games are MUCH better than online in terms of action and clueless pit gamblers wandering in and the pace is much slower. Anyway, that's my take...every night does not have to be a do or die financial consequence.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is a great post. i'm feeling the same thing lately. i play high limits and just get beat by the most sickening bad beats, so you know the game is good, yes i'm still losing a lot of money (although maybe not a lot of BETS in terms of the game i'm playing). it just makes you feel sick, and i think back to the 30/60 and how it has been my bread and butter and all the money i've made from it, and it just seems so clear that the best thing to do is to stay there for a long while.

i also like the part of your post that talks about live play. i agree that if you are gonna play higher, just reserve it for live play.. the games are fishier, it's easier to concentrate (for me) and more fun than online by far.