View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 06:32 AM

Default Results, and thoughts

Ladies and gentlemen.

Clearly, I am not folding this hand in this spot, so the question I have is how do I *play* the hand.

When we get raised here, villain often has either
A. a set
B. top two (or if he is a muppet any two)
C. a big draw (cant be bigger than mine right ?)

Im nearly 50/50 with a set, and a small favourite over top two. Im a big favourite over a big draw (like QhTh7d8d). But my odds reduce if he has a draw and two pair (for example) ... if he has QhThJd9d - then Im 50/50 again.

Should I always shovel my chips in, when I am 50/50 here ... can I not try to shade the odds in my favour somehow? If I always gamble on 50/50 shots, then I never make any money really.

I decided to call, planning to push any non-pairing turn card. If he had a set, then the money was going in regardless, and if I made my draw on the turn, then he would have to call. If he did not have a set, then he would probably fold the turn, but very often, this bet is a set (depending on the player).

I called, the turn was T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I pushed and he folded.

This fold makes me question my reasoning .... he clearly does not have a set, because he would have to call this bet with a set. And he doesnt have a draw, because thats a good card for the draws, so he had to have two pair. Perhaps I let him off the hook.

Food for thought. Does this play work better when stacks are deeper?

Please explain all your reasons for pushing the flop.