View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Thinking about Shania progression.

[ QUOTE ]
If your tyical opponents are competent, thinking, observant, and adjusting players then I think your list is just about perfect. (Maybe they are at 20/40. I doubt if they are at 10/20. And I know they are not at 5/10.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to disagree with you here on 5/10 players. I'm not saying that they are competant, thinking, observant, and adjusting -- but I think that most players intuitively (i.e., without plan) adjust in small ways to your table image / table tempo / session happenings. They're not consciously thinking "he 3-bet the flop in that one hand with second pair and a BD draw, so I will duly note that his flop aggression is not as trustworthy an indicator of hand strength as I might think"; but I do think that showing down a few junky hands tends to increase action from marginal hands and/or increase the incidence of call downs that are close; and I do think that lots of folding by you will generate excessive fear of your raises and general aggression and/or greater attempts to push you off hands.

But I may be in the minority here as a felt a decent percentage of players at lower levels behaved (again, subconsciously) like this and few others seem to believe so.