View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Thinking about Shania progression.

[ QUOTE ]
maybe I'm just rambling here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Allman brother would be proud. Rambling posts are my favorite kind because they make us think about our approach to the game. Implementing these approaches is often academic once we decide what we want to accomplish in a given situation or family of situations. From thinking about and responding to posts like this we can learn to fish. When we get responses on how we played a specific hand, we have been given a fish even if we learn something from it.

If your tyical opponents are competent, thinking, observant, and adjusting players then I think your list is just about perfect. (Maybe they are at 20/40. I doubt if they are at 10/20. And I know they are not at 5/10.) My suspicion is that in the vast majority of games you could take a hatchet and chop off the bottom of your list right after 2). I would speculate that you get very little if any gain from the rest of the page against the overwhelming majority of your opponents. If you do indentify one that is competent, thinking, observant, and adjusting, then you can dust off 3) and 4) once in while just against him.

The typical opponent won't want to get involved in a hand with you anyway--that is unless he has a pair, or King high, or a gutshot, or a 3-flush, or an overcard. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]