View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Your question is flawed and biased

[ QUOTE ]
This is a really easy calculation for anyone who can think, and another example of when there is a clear right and wrong answer to a social problem. 8 bombs in two weeks, 4 lethal and 4 not, 50 people killed. A guy you think has a bomb is headed for a crowded subway and won't stop for police. Assume your goal is to save the most lives.

[/ QUOTE ]

We begin anew... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

1. The terrorist threat is not a social problem. I have no idea by what kind of meaning you describe it as a social problem.

2. Even by your analysis, the subject NEVER presents us with a "clear right or wrong" choice. Perhaps you should have consulted some real (and intelligent) law enforcement persons, who have been actually involved in similar situations, with similra dilemmas, before putting up such a "poll".

3. Finally, your description of those who agree with your position as people "who can think" is insulting, since it insinuates that those who disagree with it cannot think! Right back at ya, then : Your position is simplistic to the point of inanity.

Oh and for the record? On the basis of the description of events in London that I have, I called it a Correct Kill by the Metro Police. The Brazilian guy, if the descriptions are accurate, behaved insanely stupidly.

But your "poll" is still flawed and biased.