View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: A Concept I Stumbled Upon

[ QUOTE ]
The concept is this: ...it's checked to you, and you know that some one has a better hand than you

[/ QUOTE ]

can i have your pattern mapper?

i pot this flop everytime, its a no brainer. In fact i pot it here against unaggressive opponents with a 7, 8, 22-66, 56, overcards

edit: i am tired and misread ur post. i thought it was checked 2u on the flop. I think ur turn bet is meh, cos u cant call a c/r, that and it doesnt protect u against river bluffs that dont beat a 9 cos there arent any hands thatd bluff the river if you checked behind. I dont feel strongly about it either way, you're essentially paying for a wild image.

forget about this building a pot stuff, its all relative, if you bet x here, (in yoru case x = 50), the most you can really win on the river is 6x if he pots it, and you're about 1 in 5 to hit. Its net even assuming he doesnt have a fh/or improves to one.

The reason i most dislike the bet is that now the river pot is 180, if you hit ur str8 with these stack sizes your gonna puke if he c/rs you with the fh...

edit #2. again im tired and thought it w3as a 2 way pot. now i see a short stack is in it this turn bet sucks huge, if bb has a naked 8 he's pushing here and you've just give up value...