Thread: PLO8 $100 hand
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 06:36 PM

Default Re: PLO8 $100 hand

I just happen to be reading a Ribbo hand on his website: ribbo.com he says something similar on his hand #3 (agreed 3 low cards had hit):

"I know its hard. But when you flop top set, there will be times you should fold it immediately. This is one of those times. Nobody raises preflop allowing the players to see a flop of A36. This is an easy check and fold for AA should the betting get frisky. But you see, people don't think like that. They get this idea into their head that they somehow have the best hand. They don't, not once low has hit.
Secondly you should be checking AA on that flop until the board pairs, at which point you can be aggressive with your raising, hoping to catch someone with a lower full house, two people with the same low or by making the low player fold his non nut low hand for fear of getting nothing. Get your money in while you have the best hand!"

So I think it is not so clear-cut to raise on the flop with two cards to come. I prefer raising on the turn with one card to come.