View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Flip the Cards Over

[ QUOTE ]
I'm getting different number than this.

I think 4.7 outs is a good estimate.

41 unknown cards, of which 4.7 are outs. Which leaves 36.3:4.7 or 7.72:1 odds.

Also, while he is getting 6.25:1 immediately, I don't think it's right to assume CO and MP are folding every time. CO especially looks like he is calling to try to spike a deuce. I would addd another 1.2 SB or so and say the actual odds are 7.45:1 (assuming we are never 3-bet like Qtip said).

Getting 7.45:1 and needing 7.72:1, we only need to make up .54 SB (we need to double the number since we are putting in two bets), which will be easy.

[ QUOTE ]
So basically what it comes down to is this: with the cards known, a good player can make this a profitable call, and a bad player probably can't.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to your calcs, T4 needs to make up only 1BB to make it profitable. As long as he isn't calling on the turn when he misses, I think a terrible player can easily call profitably. Even if the other two fold, he'll usually be able to get 3BB out of Hero alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the numbers are a bit off in mine. I had the whole post done and did the rest from memory since I lost the damned pot. The main point I was trying to make is that as long as he suddenly plays the turn/river fine (checkraise turn with improvement, checkfold river if you get sucked out on), his call isn't all that bad. But that's a pretty unreasonable situation.

Rob