View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 08:29 AM

Default Re: 5-10 Atlantic City

Timing is everything. 5-10 can be extremely profitable (my best is up 1200 in one sitting). 1-2 NL is also very profitable (my best here is turning a single hundred dollar bill into 2 grand in one sitting). The trick though is knowing when to play limit versus no-limit. Generally, I find NL to be the more profitable game on weekend nights where people are partying hard and out to have a good time. Friday night and Saturday nights are pefect for NL. Likewise, Saturday morning and Sunday morning around 4-5am when people are trying desperately to win their money back (almost like how Monday night football is depicted in the movie Two for the Money) provide equally golden opportnities to score big with very little effort. On the flip side of this coin you have weekday sessions and weekend sessions from pre-lunch until dinner. I think this is when it's often times more profitable to play limit. The NL games usually haven't really heated up yet. My experiences have been that if you play NL midday on a Sunday (for example), half the table sees the flop and then one guy bets out 4 times the pot on the flop and wins the 8 bucks and that's that. Ends up being extremely boring and unprofitable. However, this is when I find it an ideal time to play limit. Everyone is a bit tired and just wants to click back into some kind of groove. No one does anything fancy, everyone just kind of plays. This loose passive and predictable game is easy to control in my opinion. So in conclusion, I think it really comes down to the day and time of the week. I'd be curious to hear other people's thoughts though on this theory.