View Single Post
Old 05-30-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Who the best and worst tippers?? (For Dealers, but anyone is welco

[ QUOTE ]

I think it's a good question though, and one that should be able to be asked and discussed with idiots chiming in with "you're a cheapskate".

[/ QUOTE ]

THANK YOU.

I looked at the other "to tip or not to tip" threads in the B&M forum, and they were all exactly like that - one person would put up an argument against the practice (sometimes well thought-out, sometimes braindead [like the people who don't want to tip but want their prices to stay the same too]), and the overwhelming responses were "douchebag", followed by "cheapskate" and "stiff" (in that order [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]). I don't care which side of the fence you fall on, but you can't even discuss the issue in that kind of environment, which is the thing that got to me.

My working hypothesis, though, is that the knee-jerk "just tip and STFU, douchebag" people do such things for the same reason that kids in high school promote the notion that you're only a Real Man if it takes you a lot of beer to get drunk. Meaning, when pressed on the issue, they almost never offer up a rational argument, but instead resort to ganging up with their like-minded friends and just shout you down via some kind of perverted Majority Rule. I can't understand it for the life of me, to be perfectly honest.