View Single Post
Old 05-30-2005, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Who the best and worst tippers?? (For Dealers, but anyone is welco

Mason, as a dealer myself, I would appreciate it greatly if I could "average" $1 per hand dealt. If that were the case, I'd make 38-45/hr for the 5.5 or 6 hours I deal. I feel that I run a good game even though it is mostly 4/8 and below and restricted buy in NL.

After talking with some friends at Wynn and other higher end joints, it seems that the lower end players are your more gambling type of tourist that are used to Bj dealers and so on having to talk up their game to make money. I used to do that for a living and can definately recognize the difference. Daily, I hear people complain that the dealers are too quiet and yada yada. But when I'll play 8/16 or 10/20 (never played higher), the game is much better off with a quieter dealer. I'm not saying carry on a conversation about your kids and such but a little good luck, or how is everyone, and maybe answer some questions and such and make the players feel like you're one of them works more to my advantage than anything. But I do know when to just STFU, dummy up and deal! lol