View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 03:04 AM

Default Re: Blocking for value

[ QUOTE ]
Block for a little more so you feel better folding to a raise. There is a chance he has a hand like JT and is moving you off the best hand, and also the possibility of him raising a worse hand for value, you never know. Something like slow played AA/KK or something.

If you feel comfortable blocking for 300 and folding to a raise, then great. If I have any respect for my opponent and his ability to make a move despite the texture of this board, I'd bet more and feel better about folding to the raise.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

He had 1k to start the river. If i bet any more than 300, his push will be so trivial that I have to call. Do you think I can bet 500 and fold for 500 more? I'd rather check/call 500 in that case.

The point is that I might actually get a call from a worse hand with 300, and while it opens the door a smidgen to a bluff, I think that this board demands that he call or fold with anything semimarginal. OK if he has total air then maybe a small fraction of the time he gets up the guts to do this but I'm not quite so sure. Weird spot.