View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 07:58 PM

Default Re: KK vs turn donk...

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's just me, but it seems to be a tad strange to straight out bluff a preflop raiser when an A hits the flop. Unless of course he guessed (correctly) that I had a high pocket pair.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it's strange, but we have to realise there's no hand he could hold that makes perfect sense.

[ QUOTE ]
As for a draw, he certainly doesn't have a flush draw considering he had the perfect position to raise the flop for value.

[/ QUOTE ]
First of all check/raising this flop with a fd would be a bad play from UTG. No reason for him to risk getting 3-betting and losing a costumer with slim equity. Better to call and check/raise when he hits his hand and have much greater equity. With added value from a gut-shot I still wouldn't be check/raising this flop.

But it's true, putting him on a draw makes no sense, but as said putting him on any hand that makes sense is hard. Could he have a weak ace afraid of giving a freecard? Possible, but I don't like that play. A7 or 77 betting because he improved his hand? Possible, but these hands should go for a check/raise, he has no reason to suspect we're not betting this turn. I think this bet is full of [censored] at least 25% of the time, may it be a draw semi bluffing, 2nd pair or a pure bluff. This is a strange bet, so I think it's worth it to look him up.