View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 09:33 AM

Default QJ makes nutstraight on the turn with two spades on the board

I'm in the game because of the BB, he is extremely loose and can also misplace aggression. He is the reason I limped QJo UTG, I wanted to be in as many pots as possible with him. The two guys on my left are both pretty loose, atleast preflop, but they can move you off hands too so I didn't want to raise the QJo to isolate the BB because one of the guys on my left would probably call my preflop raise and I would be in a bad spot

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Button ($176)
SB ($176)
BB ($297.10)
Hero ($239.65)
MP ($381.45)
CO ($305.70)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero calls $2, MP calls $2, CO calls $2, Button calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($11) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($11) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, MP calls $10, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $30</font>, Button folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $80</font>, MP calls $70, CO calls $50.

River: ($251) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $157.65 (All-In)</font>

Final Pot: $708.10

On the turn I didnt want to shut down everthing except QJ so I donked it with a little less than potsized raise. My reasoning at the time went along the lines that draws to FH and flush still wasn't getting the odds. Now.. when both called the turn raise the pot was pretty huge on the river. I decided that if I'm going to pay off a flush (And by that meaning I have given a FD implied odds on the turn once again!) I might aswell bet allin instead and maybe get paid off by a lesser straight or two pair/set.

Who checks the river and folds to a bet?