Thread: Moral Dilemma
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 05:08 AM

Default Re: Moral Dilemma

I don't think either is wrong. I opt for B because getting into a discussion with a stranger about poker strategy is a terrible and frustrating experience.

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig. --- Paul Dickson

That being said, if players make it to this site its not the end of the universe. A lot of people misuse 2+2 or lack the understanding or dedication to use this forum to improve their poker. I know this first hand.

I've been lurking for a long time. I started by reading the Mid-High forum and misinterpreting everything or not understanding it at all. I thought I could go there and learn and get involved since I play 10/20, 15/30, and 20/40 locally. Little did I know, that these games played more like a Party 2/4(The limit games in Pittsburgh are that good. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]) I'd always get discouraged when my posts would be flamed or when I couldn't understand the concepts of higher limit thinking so I'd never improve and just come back every now and then to try; futily. I think there are a lot of people like this who view/post at all the 2+2 forums. Now, I'm not complaining by any means about my experiences. If at all, I like the shrewedness of a lot of 2+2. It toughens your skin and trains you into REALLY thinking before you write a post.

A little while back I'd realized that to improve my game I needed to start with the basics so I went to Small Stakes and just read every day. Eventually, I started to make a post or two. Around 150 posts I felt kind of comfy and I started playing 5/10 6 max so I started posting in HUSH and, here I am, a better card player for it all. Hopefully one day I'll be playing bigger and I'll start my posting in mid-high stakes but I don't feel I've quite graduated yet. Not even close.

I guess my point of this long-winded story about myself is that there are tons of people who won't get better even when they find 2+2. I was one of these people. I really hope I'm not still [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]