Thread: People Who Quit
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Re: People Who Quit

[ QUOTE ]
I was browing through the net, you know bored, went to some other forums and they had some bad beat posts and in those I saw about 3 posts by different people saying they were quitting poker because they kept losing. I dont know why, but I felt sorry for them, in my mind I was thinking I know if they try they can at least be break even players and have some fun with poker or something. I normally dont feel sorry for people but I really felt sorry for them because they said they had like 10 books and kept reading the forums and what not, which made me wonder, why cant they be break even players? I mean whats the problem, I dont know it just made me think. I know its hard to be a winning player, but break even shouldnt be too hard specially if they own books and think about the game, I mean it has be possible. I dont know can anyone answer this, Why cant players who read books and go to the forums be at least break even players? I guess I felt sorry for them because it seemed unfair since they put in some effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not everyone can win, or break even. Even by trying hard
and studying. If you think about it, you will understand.