View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Accused wrongly of cheating

These guys are not deadbeats, they are both extremely wealthy...and the money is nothing to them. I think Ive hurt some egos...Im a lot younger than most of them as well. They all consider themselves shrewd operators, and they are, but not when it comes to shorthanded poker or pool. I had to wait for 2 years to get in, and the course in one of the best in the UK...I play a regular 4 ball and those guys are good friends of mine...they nominated me, but making friends outside my regualr 4 ball has become difficult because of the other 2 guys. I like nothing more than a good drink up after a round and a bit of craic. But I have been robbed of this. My friends are backing me up, but to no avail. I get the cold shoulder every time I walk into the clubhouse and its really pissing me off. I really dont want to put my friends in a bad position in the club. I have offered to play more poker with the idiots, with an independant dealer, just to prove how much they suck, but this has been declined, and wouldnt win me any support anyway as Id fleech them. If I didnt, it would prove i was cheating in the first place in their eyes. Everyone knows Im denying the allegation, but the politics of the club prohibits any support from established members for me. But leaving would be like admitting guilt....and Im not doing that....but I will leave when my name has been cleared...Im just trying to figure the best way to do that....I really, really want to give them both a good kicking for this....lol....but I know that wont help.

Im thinking the best way might be to confront them in the bar on a saturday afternoon in full view of everyone and calling them welchers for not paying their fair gambling debts. 'I didnt think I was joining a club of welchers'.

Thoughts?

Bingo