View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 02:21 AM

Default Re: Best way to get internet?????

[ QUOTE ]

The signal dies from Ethernet cabling? You do realize that cable wires are run hundreds of miles across the country without significant signal loss, right? We're talking 100

[/ QUOTE ]

umm im sorry but where in the world does ethernet cables run for hundreds of miles.......
ISPs do not use ethernet to transfer the datastream to your house it comes through an extremely high amplified line that is not even close to an ethernet cable, it then goes into a tap in your basement and then into a coaxial cable up to your modem......
IT IS NOT POSSIBLE FOR AN ETHERNET CABLE TO GO OVER 300 FEET
in my expierence it will not last 70
we had an electrician string ethernet lines throughout our house and after weeks of frustration we found that the only line that worked was about 30feet of cable....and the next closest was a 70foot line that would not work (we were using cat5e ethernet cable in case u were wondering)

needless to say we went to wireless and i have never had a problem whatsoever

mine is reliable (although i have seen some that arent)
and all are just as fast for accessing the internet as a etherenet line would be because you probabaly only have about a 6mbs connection from your ISP unless your paying over 300$ a month just for one line

please do not answer questions when you dont know what you are talking about