View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: One year ago today, I...

This is my Carpal/Tunnel post. I was going to make a life update, and I probably still will, but this seems like an appropriate thread to post some of my progress in, since Irieguy and 2+2 have been such an intregal part of it.

One year ago today, I...

1. Had played 89 $11s, with an ROI of 16.4% and an ITM of 36%

2. Worked from 9 PM to 7AM for $12/hr.

3. Had never met any 2+2ers.

4. Had less than $400 in my accounts on-line.

5. Thought that AJo was an awesome hand.

6. Played one tournament at a time.

7. Went to a job I hated.

8. Lived in a three-bedroom apartment in a bad part of town, where my daughter couldn't play outside.

9. Had not been laid in over a year.

10. Had 0 confidence in my abilities as a poker player.

Since then, I have...

1. Played over 10k SNGs, and over a million hands of ring games.

2. Made more money playing poker than I did working in 2004.

3. Travelled to Las Vegas for "Summer Camp for Degenerates." Saw the WSOP, witnessed bankroll rejuvenation at the craps table. Paid the blinds for the entire table. Met over 15 2+2ers and become close friends with many of them. Such good friends, in fact, that several have sent PMs or called on the phone to check on me and provide help in my times of need. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

4. Won more in a single tournament than was my starting bankroll. Lost more in a single hour than was my starting bankroll.

5. Acquired the courage to push 53o when the situation requires it.

6. Became comfortable 20-tabling.

7. Not worked for "the man" in over 8-months.

8. Moved into a new 4-bedroom house in the middle of a cotton field where my daughter can play in the backyard and has her own jumping castle.

9. Not been laid in over two years.

10. Had enough other people show confidence in my poker abilities that it has transferred to me.

Thanks to: SFB, Irieguy, Slacker, Ed Miller, OrcaDK, Yugo, Lacky, 'Zen, 'Beef, Dali, raptor, Corey, Roberto, Les, Greke, -EV, AM, and everyone else that I risked leaving out by starting this list in the first place.