View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 08:04 PM

Default HU SNGs, not enough info, good sources?

I've just started playing heads-up SNGs, maybe not for profit, I'll see how it goes, but just to polish my game, pick up some new knowledge, make some new good habbits my 2nd nature, and just have fun, 1 tabling and paying complete attention to this fast paced game.

I find that there's very little info available on this subject. Thsi seeems to be the only forum where HU SNGs threads are on-topic, and I've searched it and haven't found anything conclusive.

Some questions arise ... what is a good bankroll for HU SNGs as a main game? What are achievable long term win rates at mid-stakes (like 60% win or something of this sort?).

I find it funny how Eurobet/PokerRoom (and maybe others) rake 10% on HU SNGs (while Pokerstars and Full Tilt, to name a couple, rake 5%). Isn't 10% ridiculous? You'd need to win 55% of SNGs just to break even, seems awful.

Some more questions and topics for discussion: is multitabling HU SNGs worthwhile? HU play seems quite exhausting to me, and while 5+ tabling full ring or 9 player SNGs doesn't reduce your effectiveness too greatly, multi-tabling HU SNGs seems to, for me, and could make a winning 1-tabler into a losing 2-tabler easily, IMO. Any good articles?

Hope I'm not beating a dead dog.