View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 01:31 PM

Default Re: 20-40 commerce...hand reading excercise

tough without more info on villain's tendencies.....he's gotta be putting you on a ten by the way you're playing the hand, so what does that mean?.....is he the type to fire three barrels on a bluff?....also, what type of hands would he call the straddle with from the blinds?.....is he tight or will he play trash?......basically, when he leads into the whole field on the flop from the blinds, he could either have some trash two-pair or a draw (possibly a good draw, maybe a pair to go with it), but would he even call the extra dough preflop with a T3, T5, 53 type of hand?....and yeah, the turn/river either made his hand a monster or did absolutely nothing for his draw....

FWIW, under most circumstances even if I thought there was some chance I was ahead of villain on the flop, I probably would've still dumped my 66 because my equity is awful against villain's range (two-pair, strong draw, etc.), I have no idea what I'm looking for on the turn/river, plus the whole field is behind me - so for you to have made such a thin call on the flop, you must've had a real good read.....you obviously still thought you were ahead on the turn.....the river's kind of interesting because a lot of guys will not fire that third barrel once they've seen you call twice.....so either you reassessed the possibility of your read being off, or you insta-called because this guy is the 3-barrel type and your read was dead-on from start to finish....