View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Wraparound draw LO8 .5/1

[ QUOTE ]
Is this really a 'very standard laydown' preflop full ring?

I play 99% 6-max, so this is a genuine question. I'd like to hear your reasoning to see if it holds true at the shorthanded tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, playing LO8 with atleast 8 players at the table, your high hands need to ...

1.) Be strong already.
2.) Develop into the nuts
3.) Seen for one bet (results usually in good position)

With KJT9ds, not only is your hand not that strong to begin with, but you have very little chance of developing into the nuts. You can flop the low end of a straight, a J High or K high flush, or only two pair. You could get a good flop of 789, but even then your hand is extremley vunerable. If there is a flush on the board that is not yours, you have to dodge that, along with a pairing of the board. If a low card comes, that will also take 1/2 the pot away from you. (the same holds true when you catch a draw or a wrap draw, like the hand in question) There isnt one flop with this hand that I would feel comfortable with. (well maybe quads, but then your just a lucky fish)

Your position is decent, but there is also still a great possiblity of a raise or 2 raises behind you and having to put 2 or 3 bets in.

That's just my opinion, though. I could be wrong.