View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 04:49 AM

Default Re: Las Vegas Tonight

I think their aim is for it to have high limit games. I think 10/20 games have happened in the past few days. There's another thread here with some of that information. Keep in mind I visited the room at 1:00 PM or so. While the Wynn and Bellagio may have games running at those limits at that hour, it is probably unrealistic to expect a new room to do so. The room isn't as secluded as some have indicated. True, you need to walk through a short hall to get there, but it's right by the Celine Dion theater. I'll probably go there tomorrow night after the Seinfeld show and see if there are any good games going on.

I played at the MGM tonight. It was a pretty good game, with a few older guys who lost several hundred dollars because they were playing terribly (basically calling all bets and playing almost any hand). Unfortunately for me, I had mostly awful cards, so I wasn't one of the beneficiaries of that. I did come out about $40 up, but easily could have made more had I hit some good cards, like some of the other people on the table. As I said, there were a few players that called almost any bet, no matter the circumstance. It made for a profitable situation.

The room had large waiting lists when I left about a half hour ago. They did start one 1-2 game while I was there, but other than that, they didn't seem in a rush to start new games. The dealers were pretty good, though a few made minor mistakes, and a few were somewhat slow.

The system they have to indicate which seats are empty on the tables is pretty cool. While my table went down to 7 players at one point (and there was nobody waiting), they filled the seats pretty quickly. Overall, I enjoyed playing there a lot.