View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 09:54 AM

Default Re: This bloodlust is sickening

[ QUOTE ]
It's not Tookie's fault he's being killed (as opposed to serving a life term) and those that care for him are paying a penelty as well.
Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious????

The fact that he committed a crime, was convicted in an ostensibly fair trial, and received the death penalty, was not his fault?

WOW.

As for the argument about all of the other murderers, rapists, etc.. Their sentence should be carried out, no matter what it is. If they have grounds for appeal, then appeal. If they want to use DNA evidence, great. If they have been given a trial, appeal(s), and a CHANCE for clemency, then society has done its job.

I will say that people can change. Rehabilitation and redemption should be encouraged. But there has to be a line at which we, as a society, say "No". Did this case cross that line? I'm not sure, as I do not know all of the facts of the case.

But I hope at some point, people will realize that accountability is not a bad thing. I hope that people realize there are actions and deeds that society considers crimes, and those actions and deeds have consequences.

Let us remember the victims and their families a little bit more than we remember the convicted criminal.