View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Re: 100% standard AJ raptor hand from sb.. in the 55s at least..

Looks good to me. Although, something about the minimum bet on the flop would make me want to give it some more action then. However, his bigger bet on the turn shows that you probably made the correct choice not to get any more chips involved.

As bad as AJ is when you pair the ace it gets even worse when the board has multiple cards 6-10 on it. It only gives other, weaker, aces another chance to beat you in addition to the good aces that already have you outkicked. There is also the threat of two pair, trips, and draws that will bet more than you can call on the river whether they hit or not.

The call on the flop was fine, as you would have later streets to find out where you stand and it was only 15. Backdoor outs to boot, I think the call here, despite holding the dreaded Ace-Jack, is good.

I have definetly(thanks to experience and advice on this board) developed a much tighter strategy with AJ and AQ in the early levels as my STT play has developed over the past month or so, since I've been devoted to them full time. This play wouldn't have always been standard for me, but now, it definetly is.