View Single Post
Old 04-28-2005, 12:55 PM

Default Re: What do you think of my play

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think raising with nothing is a good idea when you know that it won't fold anyone. I understand you are trying to make the pot big but I don't think that's the right idea. This is a semi-bluff raise because you don't have anything at the moment. I think it would pay if you had a chance to fold the others, which means i'd do it heads-up or perhaps in a 3-way pot if I had a wild hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually - the worst thing about the raise, is your position to the original raiser.

If you think he has the straight, he should be 3-betting here, charging the low draws and flush draw the max to hit on him.

Your raise - will lead to his re-raise when he has the made straight - and now you are forcing everyone to call 2 more bets - which would make them more likely to fold.

You are closing action here - it's a good place to call, and then play the river accordingly - and put in your raise on the made low/made nut flush.

I think you really lost 2 bets here - cause the fold is easier on the river when you didn't raise the turn.