View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 04:34 PM

Default AC Limit game suggestions?

First time posting, hoping for some general advice on the limit games to tackle in AC. Me & a couple buddies are heading up to the Trop for the weekend of the 18th and haven't really played any B&M limit in a while, so we're looking for advice on what to play/what we might be able to handle.

Background: I'm currently playing $5-10 full ring online without much trouble (and have been for a while on a few hours a week basis, generally playing 2 tables), and have taken a couple successful shots at $10-20 without feeling too uncomfortable, although I don't have any evidence whether I'd be a winning player long-term at that level or not.

In the past when we've gone up to AC, we just hit the $3-6/$5-10 tables, get wasted, and try to stay a little ahead of the game. But a couple weeks ago in vegas for a conference, my buddy hit up a $10-20 game at the mirage and over the course of the week he did pretty well and said he enjoyed it and didn't feel in over his head. So we're starting to think maybe we could play a little higher than the usual $5-10 and still be comfortable and hopefully make some cash on our weekend getaway (assuming we nix some of the wasted playing time of course).

Any advice? I've read a bunch of posts recently talking about playing higher limits live than online and being successful, but hoping someone that's done this recently can help me out and give a bit of advice. Any other tips on how much to sit down with in whichever games you suggest?

Thanks...

Rob