View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Which college should he choose?

[ QUOTE ]
Hi All.... My son is a High School senior and is currently applying to many colleges. He has good grades 97 avg. and about a 1350 SAT. He is interested in Business and Finance but that changes monthly lol. His strengths in school subjects are math and science. He is very into sports and has played 3 sports in HS. He has mostly applied so far to larger universities such as, Michigan, Wisconsin, Maryland, Boston, etc.

Please give me your insight about these schools and any others large or small that may help him. I am relying on your experiences on schools you attended or currently attend.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

if he (you) are serious about b-school for him undergraduate look into applying INTO the programs before he gets there..

Michigan - great b school for undergrads but highly competitive before you get in and after. once you are a freshmen you have to make up your mind rather quickly and must keep your grade at a A level to get in

Maryland - if your from NY its just a glorified SUNY schools for kids in NY to get away to and just be with other NY'ers especially from LI and NYC

Boston - GREAT TOWN and great school, same thing said about the b-school.

Wisco - if he has is legit about his schooling
DONT GO TO WISCO, a glorified party school and COLD

If its possible the best thing is WARM WEATHER AND A GOOD SCHOOL

the rest will fall in place [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Good luck

BTW, this is all of memory from 10years ago but im sure it hasnt changed much.