View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 12:45 AM

Default Re: River card makes me vomit in my mouth, plan of action?

[ QUOTE ]
i like check/call, because you only give up a value bet sometimes when villain doesnt bluff with a crap hand but you never fold the best hand. bet/fold always cost you 1 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to think that you miss a value bet when he checks through with a worse hand a lot more often than he raises your bet with a worse hand. Very few SS opponents will bluff raise a river.

It's obviously a guesstimate, but let's say he bluff raises the river 1 time in 20 (I think that's being generous). I'd say that he holds a lower PP that he gladly takes the free showdown with far more often than that.

As far as inducing a bluff from a busted draw, there are very few draws on this board...T8, 56, 68 maybe a gutshot or overs + backdoor flush. I don't know how often we're going to be up against a player who would both limp one of those OESD hands from EP and raise the flop bet HU. I'll concede that a player like that is fairly likely to bluff at the river if we check, but I still think it's not nearly as often as he checks through with an underpair.