View Single Post
Old 01-23-2005, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Got to Step 5, any words of wisdom?

Thanks to everyone for their advice, I appreciate your help.

I looked at the limit games a bit, but I really don't play limit SnG, so I decided to stick with what I'm comfortable with. I don't feel as in control in limit; more like I'm at the mercy of the cards.

This is certainly not going to be the last of these that I play. I put in $36 and about 6 hours to get to Step 5, and I'll get back again. It's a shot at a very large ROI.

Sadly, this one didn't work out. I played very few hands and was card dead most of the time. The small stacks kept making bad calls but sucking out and it took longer than usual to bust folks out, and became very much a crap shoot when we were down to 6; most folks had stacks of about 3x blinds at that point.

The only plays I really made were a few limps when the blinds were small with pairs that I laid down when raised. I finally caught KK in the SB and reraised; the original raiser called with A8 (???) and caught an A on the flop but luckily a K came as well. The case K on the turn made me feel a lot safer and I was 2nd in chips for a while.

In the middle stages, I raised with AQ and laid down to an all in reraise that covered me, and then had nothing to play after that. I couldn't even steal because folks always seemed to be raising in front of me when I was on the button and the cutoff.

I eventually had to decide if I should go all in in the BB with J7o from an MP raise, and instead waited to catch 72o in the SB [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I finally got blinded off with 42o and went out 5th; the bubble really sucks. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

thanks again, I'll keep working.

Shauna