View Single Post
Old 12-30-2004, 10:52 AM

Default Re: The Ten Dumbest Poker Players

First, how many WSOP main events have you played in? For that matter, how many over $1000 touneys have you played in?

Secondly, the coverage of that hand started after the flop, so you have no idea why he was playing the hand. Maybe Thor flat called a blind steal with his AK. Maybe the odds were there.

I'm so sick of people making judgements of players and hands when they have NO IDEA what past plays and future plays may be affected by the play of this hand. Not to mention that ESPN cannot be trusted in any way to show relevant information such as stack sizes, raise sizes, blind sizes, etc.

I'm not saying that Vahedi doesn't belong on this list, just saying that play may not have been as bad as you think. Clearly, post-flop, if Vahedi put Thor on AK this was a good play. Even if Thor has JJ, Amir's not that far behind. Only three hands really scare him (excluding a set) and that's QQ, KK, AA. To tell you the truth, from the coverage, Thor's call was infinately worse than Vehadi's bet. Calling for a good portion of your chips with Ace high there can't be right. If Amir has any pair, even 22, thor's in rough shape. Anyways, just my take.

Peace

Goodie