[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After playing that game all weekend...

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm honestly now convinced I was the best player in that game

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had opened the thread up and seen a post where you opened UTG with 23o and capped every betting round with the nit who only raises with the nuts and then someone had asked me what your chances of being successful at higher limit cash games was, my answer would be higher than the answer I'd give after reading this and being asked the same question.

Your ego can only hurt you in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though I felt this way I have no desire to play with the other good players as the edge in hold-em isn't that big once you've got most of the stuff down which most of the other players in the game have. I was just able to find their weaknesses. I also left the game when I didn't like the line-up even though I felt this way. Too much variance for not enough edge. I don't see how my 'ego' hurt me in this situation. I always shoot it like it is. I suck at mixed games. I suck at nl, I think I was the best limit hold-em player in that bunch. It's not me being ego driven, just giving my perspective. You're entitled your oppinion though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Upon a player reaching a desired edge in a relatively large game its time to learn others. As posters have mentioned there are very few players who play mix games with +EV and many players who enjoy playing other games.

If you beleive you've learned the finer points on limit hold'em you'll grasp those same points in the other games quickly.

Surely you're aware of these points, so my question is why have you not begun to branch out? The comfort factor is understandable.
good luck. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]