View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 08:51 AM

Default Re: Counting your outs in Omaha Hi

Did the x in your AKJx pair you?
Is one of the AKJ in the flush draw suit? None of them?

I'll assume no you haven't paired so the possibility that another of your x would come and possibly win as trips. Also, I'll take that no you do not have one of the flush cards.

That gives you 2 A, 2 K, 2 J, 2 9 to hit you for that nut straight, which as you say with such a field could split. Since you now know 8 of the cards, you're drawing 8 for 44 (about 18.2%). The hand as you describe it is only as good as a Clean Outside Straight Draw.

Betting here is wrong. You can't call a pot size bet either. Even, if the bet comes immediately behind you and everyone decides to school for the river, then, you have to assume at least one person is holding KJ or J9 and eating 2 of your outs and also taking half the pot at the end... if that's the case you're calling 6 of 42 (14.3%) to win 1/2 a pot on 2/3 of your remaining draw. Since everyone called, I'll assume 7 are still, in the hand including you, you're getting 1 to 4.67. Not not good for 14.3%. If for some reason you could reasonably deduce people are drawing to perhaps the low side of the straight with the small x x on the board, and misc flushes and two pairs so yes your 8 outs are all existant and good you could call for EVEN money. But, that's pretty absured.

There is probably not much implied here either. If somebody had a set QQQ or TTT in EP and tried for a checkraised flop, they'd definitely have already potted on the turn. Anyone in late position would have potted it on the flop. Unless somebody in Late just hit a set on the turn... which is possible given how many live hands are on this loose table for a low pocket pair, no hand will call any type of river bet over a couple BB. Even then you'll end up having to call with bad odds against a pot sized bet behind you after you check.

You could probably come up with a more interesting draw situation in Omaha to ponder. This one is pretty much check /fold IMO.