View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 11:30 PM

Default Re: When You Have Less Than 20BBs in Your Stack...

[ QUOTE ]
I'm no expert, but I can't entirely agree with this line of thinking because it generalizes too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean I didn't just sum up how to beat all MTTs in three paragraphs? Of course it generalizes too much. It's a general obersvation that applies, generally, in general situations. Not for nothing, but every single 2+2 post or poker book you ever read "generalizes too much." This is because there are infinite scenarios and table dynamics that can arise in poker and we can only take these "general" approaches and adjust them accordingly.

[ QUOTE ]
Poker in these wild online MTTs is a game of situational dynamics that often has more to do with position, personalities, playing styles and stack size, than on the quality of cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say it has MORE to do with these things than the quality of cards, but they certainly do play an important role, and I really feel that my post recongizes this.

[ QUOTE ]
The point of the reply being this:
IMHO, it is very difficult to be successful in these online MTTs by thinking statically, with a fixed mindset of strategic dcecisions, regardless of scenario and situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, but my post does not preach this. Rather it explained a general approach when in a certain chip position and admonishes about certain pitfalls. Nowhere does it dictate a specific way to play regardless of specific opponents and table dynamics.

[ QUOTE ]
It is the reason why in poker discussions, I don't like reading words like ALWAYS, NEVER, MOSTLY, RARELY, USUALLY.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you NEVER like it when people use these terms? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I really don't think I was this dogmatic with my post, and in fact, I even made sure to say that never should someone specifically stick to these principles, but they are valuable reminders. Take it how you will, but I still stand by my post and I hope perhaps it gave even the slightest bit of value to someone's MTT game.

Peace.