View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 10:17 AM

Default Re: Today\'s quiz at Cardplayer: steal situation

I have no problems betting or checking this turn, depending on who I am against.

IF the villian is weak-tight Im betting some of the time as sometimes its worthwhile to make a bet w/ a small negetive expectation if its possible he will fold 22-55, or unmade hands that have more outs then he thinks (if he folds a gutshot, hes folding a 7-10 outer). Id also think about betting a true calling station, someone who will check the river whether they make a hand or not and less likely to raise turn if they do have one.

Bluff raiser, aggressive player, good player. Id take the check and call a river bet, usually.

As far as the question, I probably call a bluff raise/aggressive player/good player...Ive seen a lot of moves pulled w/ gutshots on the flop that pick up a bd flush draw...also a good player might take a stab w/ a good draw also expecting his pair outs to definitly be good a good amount.

Depends on the opposition. But I think saying "who bets this turn" is lame and far to general. Its very situational with the majority of situations leaning one way.

Here it is true the pot is small and Id be more likely to take a -EV stab in a bigger pot. TIme for bed, laters.

--Dustin